I thought I'd share with you some of the things I am loving right now and share with you this wish as well: May your 2012 exceed all your dreams, may all your family be safe and healthy, and may all your days have a ray of sunshine. :)
(Please excuse the pictures that are on their side. New computer + new camera makes Roxanne a dumb girl).
1) Over the holidays I finally organized our closet a bit (it's kind of always a mess as it houses my clothes, Dallas' clothes and the hangable kids clothes, for all seasons and then anything we need to just store...). So anyway, I got it into shape and found a new way to hang my necklaces. Makes me happy! I got the hangers from Coombs Country Market in Coombs, BC (the place with the goats on the roof!)
2) OMG! My Oma bought me this blown glass perfume decanter. It's so original and gorgeous (best kind of present, right?) and I just adore it. Looks so good on my makeup dresser!
3) This Slatkin & Co. (available at Bath & Body Works) candle in Dark Chocolate Mint is just delicious. Delicious. If you don't like your home smelling of food then this isn't for you but if you love chocolate then it's kind of a must. Yummmm...
4) I asked for this and a couple other perfumes because I like to be surprised and I really like perfume. My aunt got me this one and I am so happy. I couldn't love it more. As Dallas, my husband, says, "It smells expensive" and it's subtle and it's not too floral and it's just gorge. Give it a smell next time you're at the Bay or Sephora.
5) This H&M sweater is amazing. It fits well, the colour is so beautiful, and there's metallic tinsel in it! I throw it on with Gap Really Skinny black pants and some flats and I get compliments all day.
6) My Oma also got me these satin pillowcases and they are the best thing to ever happen to my skin and hair since Morocco! I've been looking for them in stores for years but never knew what ones to buy or just didn't want to spend the money...wish I had long ago! I'm telling you, get yourself some. I no longer wake up with a rats nest and my skin retains way more moisture while I sleep. Yah! (Also pictured: Peter Mayle's Toujour Provence, if you ever find some Peter Mayle books pick them up, they are travel writing at its best).
7) My wonderful mother-in-law went to Korea and brought me back tons of wonderful things. Beautiful hair bobbles, a faux-Chanel handbag, Anna Sui makeup and THIS wonderful product. BB Cream. If you haven't heard of BB Creams or Beauty Balms then you've been living under a rock...kidding...sorta... They are these beautiful tinted creams from Asia that don't just cover your skin but improve it. So far my skin is brighter and clearer. I think I'm in love.
8) I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette and I love it. I love it so much that I gave it as a gift for Christmas but I fell in love with this palette's colour and sparkle. It's the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette and although there are some beautiful colours for day-look eyes, I think I will be using it mostly to create fun, night-out looks. You know, whenever I get a night out.
9) This. Blush. Is. So. Cute. It's Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in "Amused" and just look how amusing it is. It gives me the cutest glow to my cheeks and is very wearable for everyday.
10) My other wonderful mother-in-law (divorce, ain't it grand?) sent me, amount other awesome gifts, this fabulous Esprit clutch. Perfecttion, or what?
11) My cousins thoughtfully got me this rad frame. Enough said. :)
12) My bosses got me this amazing infinity scarf from Aritzia. Too chic and soft and beautiful for words!
I like that it's grey as my coat and winter boots are black and grey is much more flattering against my face. They got me snuggly grey mittens as well. I recommend them both.
13) Snow! We moved here for a reason, didn't we? This is a view from our bedroom window on the 2nd floor, looking out over the fields in the front yard.
14) And last but certainly not least my new Nikon CoolPix P500 camera. One word: Amazeballs. I feel like a big-girl now! Here's a terrible picture of me sans-maquiage with my new baby.
Not sure why there's only 14 faves and not, say, 15, but oh well...