Saturday, December 24, 2011
I wenty out shopping last night, got home at 9:30 and remembered I said I would make a cheese ball for Christmas Eve at work.
Made this one and it was SOOOO easy, took me 5 minutes, and it has met rave reviews! It's half gone and it's 10 am!
Thought this recipe might come in handy for all those in need of bringing a "little something" to a party or having people over and wanting to keep their hunger at bay before dinner is served.
Super Easy Cheese Ball:
1 pack softened light cream cheese
1.5 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 pack french onion soup mix
Crumbled nut of some sort (walnuts, pecans...)
Smoosh cream cheese around a bit so it's creamy, add in soup mix, add in cheese. Mix around.
Roll into ball with hands.
Roll in nuts.
Store in fridge.
*I doubled recipe and it made 3 good size cheese balls for work, a Christmas Eve party we are attending, and Boxing Day with the family.
Served with Wheat Thins, Multigrain Vegetable Thins and Rice Crackers.
I got a pedicure last week in this beautiful shade:
Another great one by OPI is this slightly deeper shade of red. it actually is much "classier" I guess is the right word, maybe "richer" is better. And it looks better on my skin tone.
It's OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress" and it's a perennial toe-nail fave and just a all-round great colour.
Ever since I saw this amazing picture
of Coco Rocha in Elle magazine that I just can't get enough of gold nails. A great pic and one that is available at the drug store is Revlon's Gold Coin. It's pretty but so hard to get off! But it lasts long and if you put some sparkle polish overtop? Magnificant!
Not sure which one I'll choose but you know it will be awesome! Merry Christmas!
I got this fab Fuschia blush from Parisax (sold at Studio C) and I can’t wait to wear it with this amazing long-sleeve satin dress from H&M-the colour of the swatch below:
(The blush is the same intensity—it’s amazing and gives your cheeks a “What, I was just sledding…” look.
So I thought what better to go with it then winged liner and this amazing do. Easy to achieve by curling your hair with 1″ iron and then pinning longer strands under. A wee bit Marilyn, non?
Friday, December 2, 2011
I'm just not really a hair girl. I appreciate good hair. And, like most women, I would love to have a magic genie (or live in stylist) to turn me into a well coiffed machine every morning, but it's just not something that I particularity enjoy spending time on.
That being said, I DO have my favorite 5 hair styles that I can actually accomplish and that I think look great on my shoulder length hair.
1) Beachy Waves. All I need is a little Brocato Back to the Beach and some pomade. My crazy hair texture does the rest.
2) This is so ethereal and so cute. Can be dressed up or down. All the way around the head or a thick braid at the side. Any way you slice it, this style is a winner.
3) I love a straight but curled back, almost Farrah look (like blonde in middle). It's just so "put together." I can never get it to look this good but...oh well...
4) I love a straight and sleek. Mostly because I have a straightenting iron and I know how to use it. This look can last days, just keep frying your mop every morning.
5) Classic top-knot bun. Very "right now" and very easy. :)
Friday, November 18, 2011
1) These adorable Old Navy slippers just make me smile. I like that they are higher up as I often wear 3/4 lengh tights and socks to work under boots and that looks a little ridiculous minus the boots so this would fill in the cuteness gap.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
1) MAC Steamy Eyeshadow. So works for a nice autumnal look. For a great tutorial using it, look here at one of my fave gurus TiffanyD's site.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
1) Me trying out the "Jaded" polish from Revlon.
2) Rad belt from a dollar store in Duncan. Real leather! $3
3) Best necklace for on the plane: no metal! Just twine and wooden beads, not sure where and when I picked up this beauty.
4) Black and white maxi from Macy's; slip is vintage; aviators and 2-tier necklace from American Eagle; braided leather belt from Ardene's; white sandal, Joe.
5) Chandelier necklace: Wal*Mart
6) Teal flowered sundress, Forever 21 online (Canada); purple tank top (so I can wear a real bra) Old Navy online (Canada); wide-brimmed sun hat, Wal*Mart; brown braided-arm sunglasses, American Eagle; sandals, a gift brought back from Cuba.
7) Beautiful shoes from BCBC Max Azria. Gorge, right? I saw them at a side-walk sale 2 summers ago and a friend said they were "So Roxanne." Are they? I dunno but I do like them and they will go perfectly with my...
8) Bapistim Outfit (my youngest, Jack, is being baptised in Saskatoon): dress, Jones New York; necklace, my Oma's; belt, Costa Blanca.
9) This is a version of what I will be wearing on the plane. Jacket (great tomato-red colour!) Vero Moda, shirt also Vero Moda (both from The Bay); shorts, Costco (go Lady Hathaway); yellow tank, American Eagle; braided belt, Ardene; shoes, Wal*Mart.
10) Light Beige cotton dress, Ricki's; tights, Charlotte Russe; belt, scavanged from an old skirt; tank, Joe; necklace (really a belt), and from some mall "hippy" store; shoes, Ardene.
I can't wait!