Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chorizo Time!

I picked up a pack of chorizo sausage at the local butchers and wondered what to do with it. Since I didn't have a lot in the fridge and I wasn't organized, this is what I came up with. And you know what? It was delicious.
Cooked 3ish cups of rice
Over-steamed lots of broccoli and cauliflower on the stove (was making it chewy enough for my 7.5 month old)
Opened a can of corn nibblets
Sliced 4 chorizo's into bite-size bits and warmed them in a pan on the stove. Drained excess oil into corn can.
Turned oven on to 275
Spread cooked rice in bottom of pyrez. Covered in some good squirts of lemon juice, some curry dip mix and other spices.
Layed steamed veggies over that.
Covered with corn nibblets and sausage (and a wee bit of delish chorizo grease).
Warmed in oven for 45 minutes. Enjoyed!
Jack enjoyed the rice and veggies and we all enjoyed a simple sliced strawberry dessert.
Yummers!
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment