Thursday, May 19, 2011

Low-cal Chicken Stuffing Bake

This recipe is so easy and yummy and you don't have to worry about having a bunch of silly spices and ingredients in the house (I hate that!) I tried this out last night and it was such a hit! We definitly ate more than the recommended portion size but, oh well...
Recipe:
1 can ruduced fat and sodium mushroom soup
1 cup fat-free milk (I use 1%)
1 package stuffing mix (Stove Top, etc.)
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken (I did 3 breasts)
2 cups fresh broccoli, cooked (I steamed)
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1&1/2 cups of shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese (I used mozzarella and old cheddar)
In large bowl, comine soup and milk until blended. Add stuffing mix, chicken, broccoli, celery and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9" baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20 minutes. Sprinkly with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy! (I know we did!)
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment