Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Book Review: Let's Pretend This Never Happened


Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
LOL!
This book is hilarious!
If you like David Sedaris or Cheslsea Handler you will love this book!
Why? Because it is also comedic, a memoir, about a crazy-ass dad, mental health issues, life, you know...LOL stuff?
I don't want to give too much away and I am really not interested in writing a wing-baggy review, but I am very happy that I bought this, if only to make me burst out laughing when reading it into the wee hours (and it also helped me address some of my own mental health issues?).  It is one of those books you read in two days because every spare chance you get you want to pick it up and get a hit.
I'm sure you will laugh as well as Jenny takes us on a whirl-wind ride through her ridiculous childhood in rural Texas through to being a mother herself and trying to shield her daughter from rural Texas (and then also realizing, hey, it's not sooooo bad, right?)
Again, I don't even want to give you an anecdote because I want you to read it (and because I'm sure you can get these off the intermabob)
For a bit more of Jenny go see her blog The Bloggess

xoxo RW

2 comments:

  1. wing-baggy?? interesting... & did u wake anyone up while laughing at night? ... I do wish this had a reply back option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did wake people up--Dallas for one. My kids are used to me cackling at night since there night starts while I am still watching my shows but Dallas is such a light sleeper and wakes up with a start to any sort of stimulus. He was not impressed to be woken up, or by me continuing to make noise by trying to explain the part of the book that made me laugh. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete