Monday, April 4, 2011

Cookies!

My 3.5 year old daughter and husband went to the movies today and left my 6 month old son and I with nothing to do at home.
After watching Phantom Gourmet I needed something sweet and baked so opened the freezer and pulled out the packages of Terry's White Chocolate Orange and white Lindor balls left over from Christmas and got to stepping. (Somewhere along the lines my mom found out that I didn't mind white chocolate and since then I've been the happy recipient of every line of chocolate that comes in white...love ya mom!)
I found an easy chocolate chip cookie recipe and just substituted my chopped up white chunks for the semi-sweet tollhouse. And I added some yummy walnuts I had laying around. (Now I kind of have a hankering for trailmix cookies...especially since the day before I tried to get one in the Tim Horotn's drive-thru and they were out).
Basic Cookie Recipe (add what you like...or have lying around):
3/4 cup sugar
2/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 large egs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350
Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl (no need for electric mixer)
Stir in remaining (but not your "special ingredients")
Now stir in chocolate/nuts/whatever bit by bit to ensure they really get mixed in well
Bake 7-10 minutes depending how soft you like them (keep your eyes on them or they'll get over-baked fast!)
Let cool
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment