Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Travelling in Style

Here are some pictures I took for you all on a recent trip we all took to visit family in Toronto.  We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in Etobicoke and although I don't necessarily recommend that hotel, there were some lovely things about it and we had a wonderful time with the family no matter what.
The Doubletree gives every person a warm walnut & chocolate-chip cookie upon checking in.  I mean, the chips were all gooey!  OMGoodness it was the perfect treat after 3 hours of driving and the fact that we got 4 huge cookies and the kids could only possibly split one and Dallas doesn't like walnuts did not suck either.
The complimentary toiletries were by Crabtree & Evelyn.  So wonderfully scented.  I didn't actually use the shampoo and conditioner but Ava did and her hair smelled like Hawaii.
Ava very much loved the complimentary stationary.  I have to say, it always does come in handy, doesn't it?  If only to write down exactly what everyone wants on their pizza.
My recommendation: take a long luxury bath at the hotel before you have to go out.  It really makes it feel like you are on a real "vacation" and it's even more luxurious knowing you don't have to scrub the tub ring you leave behind.
I love the excuse of going away to restock my magazine collection.  Just a few of the ones I picked up for or on this excursion.
When I pack, especially in the winter, I pack in outfits so I do't accidentally forget any layers.  Then I hang those outfits together in the closet.  This reduces the amount of hangers I use (which Dallas appreciates) and eliminates any time-wasting and head-scratching when I'm getting ready to go.
Anything can be storage on the road.  For instance, I used the top of this ice bucket to hold all my stud earrings that end up rolling around everywhere and getting lost, and then I just piled the rest of my jewelry on top.  Ta-DAH!
Here are some of the things I bought at Sephora and the beautiful beauty department of the Walmart at Square One mall.
From Sephora: a travel size tube of the L'Occitane hand cream for my purse, and a travel size of Urban Decay's "All Nighter" spray.  I went there to get some Origins Vita-Zing moisturizer but they didn't have any. :-(
From Wally-World: Maybelline's Magic Lumi under-eye concelealer, Marcelle BB Cream in Light, and a purply 8-pan Wet&Wild eyeshadow palette.

xoxo
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment